Hunter’s Favorite Chili
Hunter's Favorite Chili
Author: Dressing & Cooking Wild Game Cookbook
- Set out bowls of shredded Cheddar cheese and sour cream, and plenty of crackers, to top this hearty chili. 3 pounds of venison burger
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp. bacon fat or vegetable oil
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cans (15-1/2 oz.) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 oz.) pinto beans, undrained
- In Dutch oven, brown meat over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In large skillet, cook and stir onions, green peppers, and celery in bacon fat over medium heat until tender.
- Add vegetable mixture and all remaining ingredients except beans to meat in Dutch oven.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover.
- Simmer 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Stir in beans.
- Cook, uncovered, 30 minutes longer.